verse of the day

Thursday 9 April 2020

Hear, and your soul shall live.. ( Matthew 17 v 5 )

One of the things that happens before a plane takes of ,two air stewards  stand in the aisle,one in the front and  one in the middle.Then they go through a procedure informing the passengers what to do if  an emergence arises.I flown quite a lot of times ,I hear what they are saying which is important ,but I do not listen.Of course this applies to many situations,the wife says,'you don't listen to me,children often say this to their parents.  Now this is  nothing new ,our Saviour who knew human nature better than any, said ,''whoever has ears let him hear'', ( Matthew 11 v 15 ) What did He mean?,people heard Him but they did not listen to what He was saying,take my experiences with Jehovah witnesses.Time after time I have spoke to them,but in the end I realise they have not been listening.Coming back to what Jesus said,and the importance of really hearing what He says, because so much that He says, is vital to our spiritual well being,and our eternal destiny  ..

No comments: