verse of the day

Tuesday 7 April 2020

Amazing. ( Ephesians 1 v 1 / 2 v 8 - 9 )

' My grace is sufficient for thee,My grace is sufficient for thee,O matchless,boundless grace of God, My grace is sufficient for thee.' These are simple words from an old hymn, simple but profound,one of my favourite hymns is, 'Amazing Grace'. I have listened to it many times,often it brings tears to my eyes,I remember years ago when it made the hit parade , it was sung by Judy Collins,what a lovely singer. Someone wrote this about her,'She combated alcohol addiction and over-come it.' and then he added,'I'm over- coming  addiction and I will, because of Grace' The only thing I would add to that is this, that such grace comes to us through Christ, for salvation,  for power to over-come addiction whatever that addiction may be,for strength to face the trials of life ,whatever they may be,it truly is amazing grace coming to us from an amazing Saviour.

No comments: