verse of the day

Sunday 19 April 2020

A Superstar? ( John 3 v 36 )

I  have never seen the musical, 'Jesus Christ Superstar', written  jointly by,Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rich, it has no spoken dialogue,and traces the last seven days of our Saviours life, seen through the eyes of Judas Iscariot. I am not writing to criticise it, as I have not seen or heard this musical. But as regards the title',Jesus Christ Superstar,' I would take exception,as I believe that Christ was never a superstar.He could have become that if He had gone along with what Satan said in the wilderness testing,when he offered Jesus the world and it's  glory. Jesus never came to be superstar, He came to be a Saviour,  superstars there are in plenty, but there is only one Saviour, The world is a needy place,and so often the last thing they want to hear is, that they need a Saviour, but I can assure you from experience,we all need a Saviour.Superstars soon become yesterdays people, we can name  them,but Jesus never changes,His love for you and I never changes, in spite of the fact,that like me ,you are a sinner,yes we are all without exception sinners,and who do sinners need?, Jesus,is the only one who can forgive your sins,the only one who can save you from yourself.So forget about superstars,and ask Christ into your life,now.

No comments: