verse of the day

Monday 27 April 2020

Don't Tell ( 1 Timothy 2 v 3 - 7 )

I read a line from a poem ,which reads,'I'm still waiting to be saved,I'm afraid', that's all I know of the poem,  the words, made me think. A friend told me about a friend of his, a Christian, who was asked to give a little word of testimony of his Christian experience. Later the man who had asked him to speak requested him not to mention about being saved as it might offend people. So what do you think happened?,when he got up to speak,and he told how he had got saved. If God saves you ,then surely one would be delighted to tell others about being saved,The sad fact is ,that in so many churches ministers are not preaching about being saved,not because it offends others ,but because it offends them. Does it offend you? possible, because ,only you can answer that because,why do I preach or speak to individuals that they need to be saved?. The word of God tells us clearly ,that we are sinners ,I remember a person who  became irritated with me,why?,because I kept mentioning sin. As one person wrote the grim logic of history leaves me in no doubt that sin is a reality . The next reason for telling others that they need to be saved ,is because what awaits all who die with their sins unforgiven ,is to spend eternity in hell..The next reason would be because God has given me the awesome responsibility to warn people. Last but not least ,my love for sinners,it breaks my heart that people need my Saviour,yet ignore him ,for he is the only Saviour there is, his name is Jesus. His death shows the seriousness of sin,and the importance of trusting Him, for the forgiveness of your sins.

No comments: