verse of the day

Monday 19 August 2019

Jelly . ( Psalm 56 v 3 )

I wish I could say that I never feel anxious or stressed out,but at times I do, I am honest with God about it,having said that ,the positive thing is ,I bring it to God. I remember many years ago,having only had 10 driving lessons,I put in for my driving test,my instructor was taken aback when I told him,advising me to cancel it. But the fact was I could not afford any more lessons,so I went ahead, of course the driving instructor was right,I was very ill prepared. but in faith I went and I sailed through the test  without a concern, no ,during the test my legs were like jelly. My  wife and three little children were at home praying,and of course I was praying,and I passed, much to the surprise of my instructor. Christianity is not Stoicism ,that ancient Greek philosophy, of stiff upper lip,no, often our lips are trembling ,and our legs are like jelly. It is that great apostle Paul who wrote of feeling ,weakness,fear, and trembling ( 1 Corinthians 2  v 3 ).Though that was true it did not stop him trusting in God to see him through,nor did it stop me doing my driving test.Whatever you are facing it may be a serious illness, loss, you tummy is churning ,your heart is racing,pray and trust in your Saviour,and go forward, knowing that He is with you,and He will bring you through.

No comments: