verse of the day

Saturday 24 August 2019

God's Kingdom. ( Matthew 21 v 5 )

Years ago in the church I attended,I remember with much fondness as regards my then Pastor,he was a grand preacher,faithful to  Gods word, in every way. I thank God for him,but he taught  things I would not agree with now,he said the Lords prayer was for the millennium,I don't believe that. Also he taught that the Kingdom of God,and the Kingdom of Heaven had two different meanings. God has only one kingdom,and there is only one King,Jesus ,who is King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.( Revelation 17 v 14).In the book of Matthew the phrase the ,Kingdom of Heaven', is used 32 times.The gospel of Matthew was written with Jews in mind,and as Bruce Milne writes,''If the pious Jew wished to avoid using the holy name of God,he could  use ,'The  Kingdom of Heaven'', they would have understood there was no difference, in the two terms. Remember this Kingdom we are writing about simply reminds  us that God rules in heaven ,on earth ,and in our lives, could it be that we have forgotten this wonderful truth?

No comments: