verse of the day

Saturday 31 August 2019

Amazing Grace. (Ephesians 2 v 1 - 10 )

I like old movies ,as I watched a very famous actor, playing an heroic part,I thought ,why could he not have been like part he was playing.He acted in many movies he was good looking,and usually played a character one could admire,but again I say why could he not have been more like the characters he played?.In real life he was a charmer, he wrote a book about his life,it was called,'My wicked wicked ways'.He was not exaggerating ,he seduced many women over a thousand, many were under age.He was tried for seduceing two young girls ,he got off but the girls lives were ruined.Why could he not have been like the person he played in the movies?.The fatal flaw in us humans is ,we are all like that actor to some extent ,Jesus saw beyond the religious leaders of his day,here is what he said, ''On the outside you appear to people as righteous  but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness''. ( Matthew 23 v 23 ).How many priests have been abusers,how many seemingly nice young people are into phonograph.I am thankful to God that he alone knows my sinful heart, the thing is we truly are like that actor,sinners. The good news is, Christ loves sinners,and died for such,that we may be forgiven, and become new creations,all things are possible ,do not despair ,I once was lost but now am found was blind but now I see.

No comments: