verse of the day

Friday 23 August 2019

I have been Christened. ( John 3 v 7 )

We  had a leaky tap,fortunately we were insured so we phoned our insurers and in a couple of days the workman arrived to fix the leaking tap.He was a nice young man ,he told me about himself,he was a recovering alcoholic. I managed to speak to him about the Lord,and before he left I give him a Christian book,his name was Joe. During our conversation he said he had been Christened, when he was a child, I was also Christened when I was a child.Now it is important to realise that being Christened does not make one a Christian,faith must be exercised in Christ.WE must experience the new birth ,which is not a a natural birth, I read these words recently,'Humans give life to their children. Yet only God's Spirit can change you into a child of God.In John 31 v 13, we read that this new birth  does not come about through natural descent,or human decision, or of another's          decision., ( John 1 v 13 ) it happens when we accept Jesus as our Saviour ( John 1 v 12 )

No comments: