verse of the day

Friday 9 August 2019

A holy war. ( Romans 3 )

As a Christian when I read the Bible,do I accept what I read by faith, or do I lean upon my own understanding? Recently while speaking to a person whom I consider a Christian, we touched on Israels conquest of the promised land,in which they practically wiped out thousands of people, he called them murderer's .I did not give him a very good answer to this, but it did reveal to me how far that person has slipped away from God.Awful though it was, it was a judgement by God, because of their sinful corrupt culture and religion.'The wars of Israel',wrote Bonhoeffer, were the only''holy wars'', in history,for they were the wars of God against the world of idols. The problem with many people even some Christians,they fail to grasp two things, sins awfulness and Gods awesome holiness.All sin  outrages our holy God,I stress ALL SIN.in eternity all sin be judged and all who have not trusted Jesus will pay the price for the sins they have committed. We will continue this next time.

No comments: