verse of the day

Sunday 25 August 2019

Is prayer pointless ? ( Habakkuk 3 v 16 - 19 )

I read these words from a prayer, 'Give me unwavering faith that supplications are never in vain,that if I seem not to obtain my petitions I  shall have larger, richer answers surpassing all that I ask or think.' I pray for many things and often I wonder  if I am just offering words,is it all in vain ?,these fleeting  thoughts cross my mind occasionally but  when I gave serious consideration ,I am reminded that there are mysteries we do not always understand,for we do not know that total situation as regards prayer.The God who bids us pray has a purpose in relation to our prayer life, prayer is essential in our relationship with Him,if  we are neglectful,then our relationship with God will not develop the way it should. Prayer is not just about requests give me, give me ,God  will want to develop qualities in our lives, that is vital to our spiritual well being..One of these qualities is patience ,unlike the world ,or the selfish child who wants everything now. Consider how many people cause themselves difficulties because of a lack of patience,   the God of patience wants His children to be patient .and so avoid those difficulties that comes with impatience, and prayer is well suited to enable His children to develop this quality.

No comments: