verse of the day

Friday 30 August 2019

A Skull . ( Galatians 6 v 14 )

Hermann Friedrich Kohlbrugge is not someone I know much about,he was seemingly a great Theologian it is said that he was one of Netherlands greatest. He never wrote a systematic theology ,but his theology was mainly in his sermons. I want to leave  a quotation  by him, here it is. ''When I die- I do not die anymore, however - and someone finds my skull, let this skull still preach to him, and say; I have no eyes, nevertheless I see  Him , though I have no lips, I kiss Him. I have no tongue, yet I sing praise to Him with all who call upon His name. I am a hard skull, yet I am wholly softened  and melted in His love; I lay exposed on God's acre, yet I am there in Paradise, All suffering is forgotten , His great love did this for us when for us He carried  His cross and went to Golgotha''

No comments: