verse of the day

Thursday 17 August 2017

A great Theologian. ( John 3 ]


                                Someone once  said to a great Theologian
                                that he conceded that he had good faith.
                                he relied to this by saying the following.
                               '' So you allow me good faith , I have never
                                conceded myself good faith. And when
                                once the day comes when I have to appear  before
                                my Lord, then I will not come with my deeds
                                with the volumes of my Dogmatics  in the
                                basket upon my back. All the angels there
                                would have to laugh. But then I shall say,
                                ' I have always meant well; I had good faith
                                No , then I will only say one thing: Lord be
                                merciful to me a poor sinner.

No comments: