verse of the day

Friday 10 February 2017

Wait for it.[Habakkuk 2 v 3 ]

One of the common traits of mankind is impatience, we see this in so many aspect of life. Recently my wife were nearly involved in an accident because  a driver was impatient, many accidents are caused by people being impatient. I follow a particular football team, a very successful team, led by a very successful manager, He retired, and on the day of his retirement he asked the supporters to be patient with his successor, but the were not. It is not in the nature of the beast, we want it now, that is why talent TV shows are very popular because it promises instant success. One of the most important lessons in life is patience, Romans 15v 5, [AV]reminds us that God is patient, and He reminds us that we are called to be patient [Hebrews 10 v36 ].I was reminded of this recently when I was reading a daily devotional,the writer was touching on a subject near to my heart, and mentioned a promise, that God gave me ,which has not yet been fulfilled, But of course I believe it will be ,in the meanwhile, I am to exercise patience ,as the Lord said to the prophet Habakkuk,'' Though it linger, wait for it, it will certainly come and will not delay.[2v3 ]
                                           Psalm 40 v1.

                               I waited patiently for the Lord;
                               He turned to me, and heard my
                               cry.

No comments: