verse of the day

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Exercise. [ 1 Timothy 4 v 7 - 8 ]

One of my sons bought me a gadget that one wears on ones wrist, it tells you a number of things, it is a simple device to use. One of its main functions is it tells ,how many steps one takes each day, it is thought that the ideal number of steps one should take is just over 10.000. I have felt  for a while that I need to exercise, so I have started walking, so each day I walk for about an hour, now 10,000 steps may seem a lot ,but it is not. This may be so, but I know how easy it is to give up, so I am asking the Lord to help me keep it up, the little gadget is a help. Physical fitness is important, but not the all important thing, yet I do not to minimise, its important, so do  give it consideration. We need to look after our bodies, but as Christians we
are spiritual beings, I gave a person a daily reading that I know would help
him, I asked him was he reading it, he replied sometimes, yet he goes to the gym has a personal trainer. Now there is nothing wrong with going to the gym and having a personal trainer, but  Paul wrote,''Physical training
is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,[1 Timothy 4 v8 ]
What Paul is saying get balance into your life, the physical soon deteriorates
William Barclay ,wrote,'' Training in godliness ,in goodness, develops the whole man in body, mind and spirit, and its results affect not only time, but eternity as well''.
                                           A  prayer.
Dear God  help us to look after our bodies, but help us not to neglect our
spiritual development in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: