verse of the day

Thursday 23 February 2017

How am I saved. [ Acts 16 v31 ]

I was out on my daily walk and as  I was walking along I met two young fellows who where doing their religious service for their religion, they were Mormons. One was from Norway and the other from Oklahoma, USA, so I started a conversation with them. There initial conversation sound very Christian , but as I said to them, if we dig a bit further,  things would soon change. And of course it did they said that they did not have any assurance,
as regards being saved, until the judgement day. I stressed one cannot wait till then, but they said that on that day everyone would be given another chance to accept Christ. I did not stray into the many strange things they believe, no, I just sought to make it clear that it is Christ and Him alone who saves, and not by works.be you a Mormon or whatever religion, or even no religion, Heaven is only for those who have trusted, in Jesus and His finished work on the cross, we cannot add to that ,if we do ,we our making ourselves ineligible for Heaven. The works that a Christian does are vital  evidence that we are saved, compare Ephesians 2 v8-9.

                                     Nothing in my hands I bring
                                     Simply to your cross I cling.

No comments: