verse of the day

Saturday 18 February 2017

I hope you will be ready.[ 2 Thessalonians 1 v 3-10 ]

I was surprised when my wife, brought her mobile phone to me, and we were not only able to talk to my son , but to see him and his wife.  I have not seen this service on a mobile phone before. It was mentioned years ago, now it is a reality, what tremendous changes have taken place within my 72years.When I was young very few people could afford to own their own home, television was none existent, the radio, or wireless, and cinema were the most popular means of entertainment. I remember how we played football in the street, not a good idea now, because of the amount of cars on the road. That is another thing that has changed, car owners, car ownership was for the few, now households can have two ,three, or even four cars, as for TV's, so it goes on. As to travel many of us have been to places that our parents only read about, or saw in the movies. I could go on, and on, but I wont, but one thing that has not changed, is humanities, sinful condition. We still live in a broken world which no amount of technology, education, social improvement will never change, this is a sad, sad reality. At times as I look out on this world I somewhat despair,and I found myself praying for the Lord to come back, to put an end to all the suffering. The fact is Christ is coming back, this old world will be finished with, and a new heaven and earth will come into being. The promise of a glorious future awaits all who have trusted Jesus, an awful future awaits those who have not, you can be part of that glorious future, by asking Jesus to be your Saviour.
                                          A  prayer.
Dear Lord Jesus we thank you that you are coming again, for those who have trusted you as Saviour, that may share your eternal glory. Amen.



                              

No comments: