verse of the day

Friday 17 February 2017

I'm only human. [[ Romans 3 v23 ]

I  listened to a song from a recent album, called Human, some of the words  of song I was listening to, went,''I'm only human after all, don't put the blame on me''. I wonder what you think of those words, I am sure we can all identify with then, its like none of us are perfect, but it not the same as saying I am a sinner, oh no, for the many that's taking it to far. The question
is it?. now of course we all make mistakes, we all forget things, this is not what I am stressing, it is that moral dimension,when we defraud, covet, hate, commit adultery, are judgemental, our lack of love, both for God and man. The words,'' I'm only human after all, don't put the blame on me'', does not get us off the hook, no, God  declares we are accountable, and responsible. When Adam and Eve sinned they blamed it on someone else
[Genesis 3 v11-13 ],sin committed for whatever reason is still sin, even if it
is committed  in ignorance, When God created us we were sinless, when we sinned we became sinners, and it does not change because we cry out,''I'm
only human'', no ,and when we stand before a holy God, the consequences,
for our sinful actions, including our sinful thoughts ,will be judged. This is where  I tell you the good news, there is a Saviour who died so that we may be forgiven, that person is Jesus. All we have to do is stop making excuses
and ask for forgiveness, this is God's merciful answer for our sin's.
                                          A  prayer.
Dear God help us not hide behind our foolish human reasoning, your word makes it clear  that we sin, and that sin needs forgiveness , by asking Jesus
to save us, Amen.
                               

No comments: