verse of the day

Monday 25 July 2016

Watch your back [Psalm 121]

Recently while on a visit to one of my sons,we went to a lovely spot,where we watched the boats sailing past.I  turned my back on it all put my hand
over my eyes.My son said to me what you doing I said I'm looking out to see,I have eyes in the back of my head.They did not appreciate my humour,
possible you don't either,but of course I have no eyes in the back of my head.It reminds me of the saying, watch your back,which means to watch out for yourself,because we do know where  danger will strike, and do us harm. There are times,more than we realise,when danger is threatening us,the unseen danger,people who would do us harm.There are places of employment where we can feel very vulnerable there are places of power in which we are vulnerable.If one is a famous personality,it is easy for  people to make a false charge against them, Today let us not be ruled by fear of dangers within and dangers without,here is the word of God for us today, from Psalm 121,
                                   The Lord watches over you [v5]
                                   The Lord will keep you from all harm,
                                   He will watch over your life;
                                   the Lord will watch over your
                                   coming and going
                                   both now and forevermore.[v 7-8]

No comments: