verse of the day

Saturday 23 July 2016

Discernment .[ Acts 17 v11 ]

I recommended a certain book to a friend by one of my favourite authors,in
reading that same book again,I read something,that I found difficult.I then thought of the couple I had recommended the book to and wondered should I have recommended it .A minister friend of mine had a person who attended his fellowship and became a Christian,that person was very enthusiastic,but then he read some ,what we could call liberal books, he is not attending the fellowship now.He has been caused to stumble,by reading those books.Of books there is no end,the important  thing to do is in reading any so called religious book ,is to be discerning,the word of God exhorts us to test everything[1Thessalonians 5 v21]As long as they keep to the truths taught  in the scripture,accept them,that goes for preachers. I have read many books I have those I could call my favourite,but I must not be swayed by that,no I must read with discernment.Consider the following words,from Acts 17v11,the apostle Paul visited a place called Berea,there he ministered to them,we read this,''Now the Bereans ........received the message with great eagerness''but they did not stop there,for next we read,that they,''examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true''
                                       A  prayer.
Dear God grant unto us all discerning hearts ,and minds,in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: