verse of the day

Friday 15 July 2016

Change can happen. [ 2 Corinthians 3 v 18 ]

I love my garden,weather permitting I love to sit in it,and there I have a time with the Lord.I have been to many different places on holiday,but my garden is my favourite place.When God made man He placed him in a garden,it must have been beautiful,yet into that beautiful place sin entered in.We are told that sin entered the world through one man,and death through
sin,and in this way death came to all men,because all sinned[Romans 5 v12]
The place was not the cause but the people,I used to hear people speak of wanting to move,they felt the move would change everything.Of course the place was not the problem,they would take with them,the fears and personality disorders,and their inability to cope with life,nothing in fact would change.It was not a change of place they needed,no , they needed to change,here is the good news,Christ can help us change,He is in the business of bringing change into the lives of all who trust Him as Saviour.Perfection will only come when we go to heaven,but we can begin
to know a change in our lives,as we follow our Lord.The question we need to ask ourselves are we willing to change,are we prepared to face up to what
that means?.If we are,then with Gods help, change can take place,it will mean a daily desire,a daily seeking God for His all sufficient grace. The
result is,we will change,it will take time,we cannot expect habits of a life
time to go all at once,some may,but others will need continually brought to the Lord in prayer,are you willing to be willing?
                                        A  prayer.

                          Holy Spirit,we[I] welcome You,
                          Holy Spirit we[I ]welcome You.
                          Please accomplish in us[me] today
                          Some new work of loving grace,we [ I ] pray-
                          unreservedly -have Your way.
                          Holy Spirit,Holy Spirit,
                          Holy Spirit,we [ I ]welcome You.[ In Jesus name,Amen]
                              [Words by Chris Bowater]

      [I  will return to my blog Monday,  every blessing]


                                   
                                

No comments: