verse of the day

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Forgive [Matthew 6 v 14-15 ]

I am at war,everyday I go into my garden looking for slugs,the gardeners pest,they may be my enemy,but I don't like killing them,I dispose of them.
On a more serious note,have you read what Jesus said about those who are our enemies.''Love your enemies and pray for those persecute you''[Mt 5 v44]Every day I pray for people who are experiencing awful things,rape ,
false imprisonment,loved one murdered,and so the list goes on.Is it
possible to do what Jesus said?, I believe it is,and it is not only possible,it is vital to our spiritual well being that we do.Remember ,Jesus practised what He preached.when they were nailing Him to the cross ,He uttered the
words, ''Father forgive them''[Luke 23 v 34 ],the Christian life brings with it a challenge that is not for the faint hearted.It was not easy for Jesus to utter those words,but He did and He meant what He prayed.Yes it is not easy what Jesus said and did,there are things that we may say ,I just cannot do it
and of course its true,that is why we need God to help us,and He will.You may be saying I cannot forgive,yet Jesus says we should,but He is also
saying ,through Me you can do all things,yes even forgive.
                                         A  prayer.
                             
                           Our Father in heaven,hallowed be your name
                           your kingdom come,your will be done
                           on earth as in heaven,give us this day our daily bread.
                           FORGIVE US OUR SINS,AS WE FORGIVE THOSE
                           WHO SIN AGAINST US.
                            and lead us not into temptation.
                                      Amen.

No comments: