verse of the day

Saturday 2 July 2016

He is on the throne. [ John 14 v1 ]

We have moved into a period of uncertainty in our country,we as nation have voted to come out of the EU.Many are worried as to what this will mean,we are going to go it alone,as to the right or wrong of it I am not sure,but  it has happened,the decision to withdraw has taken place.What should we as Christians do?,well I will do what I have always done,I will
lift up my eyes to my sovereign God,as I read the Word of God,and the history of Israel,the changes and challenges they faced,the prophets spoke
not for any political party,but Thus saith the Lord.They reminded Israel were their true strength,and security lay,in their God.Things have not changed for us his children,our strength and security lies in God,and the one who has been given all power and authority,even Jesus[ Matthew 28 v18].
He declares to those who are His,I am with you always[Mat, 28 v20].
                                       
                              Peace perfect peace,our future all unknown?
                              Jesus we know,and He is on the throne.
                                               [Words by E.H.Bickersteth]

No comments: