verse of the day

Saturday 23 May 2015

Trials [Psalm 13 ]

Psalm 13 by David,is about a man that is suffering,yes he may have been a
great man,but he would still experience suffering.Envy no one,be they a great person,a queen, a big personality,for behind that so called greatness
there may be a hidden suffering. The Psalm starts with the words ,/How long/,he is growing weary in his suffering,and feels the Lord has forgotten
him. The continual suffering has clouded his judgement,and the man of God
feels like he has had enough. Trials comes in all sorts of sizes, and durations
,we are having work done in our home,the person who is doing the work is taking a long time,and my wife is finding this a trial,to me this can be classed as a small trial.A lady in our church is caring for a husband who has
Parkinson's disease,then she informed me that her daughter has cancer,now
what she is going through is a major trial. What ever trial you may be suffering it is real to you,and painful,but God has not forgotten you,you may think He has ,but it is not so. To remind us of this fact ,God speaks to us in ways we can understand,and so He tells us,/Can a woman forget her nursing child,and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget,yet I will not forget you. See I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands,your walls are continually before Me.[Isaiah 49 v 15-16 ]
                                   A prayer.
Dear God I trust in your unfailing love,my heart rejoices in your salvation,
I will sing to the Lord,for He has been good to me, in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: