verse of the day

Monday 25 May 2015

Are you normal? [ Isaiah 44v3 ]

I had to smile as I read the following, /Remember as far as everyone else is concerned,we are a nice normal family/. I am sure we can all identify with those words,as they apply to our families and even to ourselves. When I worked with mentally ill,the point was made, as to what is normal. In other words what we consider as normal , is not the same for everyone,your family life may be orderly,other families may not be.Because people don't conform to your norm does not mean that they are abnormal.I remember a
lady I knew telling how she baked a lovely cake,for a friend,and to her
friends husband,put a slice of corn beef between his piece of cake and ate it.
I don't think the lady baked them any more cakes,it went against her norm,
I am sure there is behaviour that is abnormal.The church family is full of all
sorts of individuals whose norm differs with each other,and here is the important thing ,in the words of song I just heard on the radio,/My God loves me,His faithful love endures/.Yes He loves us all ,even though we may not act in the so called norm, for that's the way He is.
                                       A prayer.
Dear God help us to Your norm ,in holiness,love,and faithfulness,in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: