verse of the day

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Cannot be destroyed. [ Matthew 16 v18]

Recently while on holiday we visited a craft fair,it was held in a large building.As I walked up the stairs in the building I noticed a plaque on the wall,and what I read made me  realise that the building had been a church
building. This building reminded me of the sad fact ,of the decline of the Christian church,and how a country like England has moved away  from
God.We live in a secular society,where Christian beliefs are scorned on,
where people have raised up other gods,the god of evolution,the god of sex
gods of pleasure,gods of false security,gods who can give no security. Thankfully there is a church still in this land,God has not ,nor will He ever forsake His church.Yet I have stood in the ruins of Ephesus,and am reminded that places and countries that once were so called Christian,are no longer so.And yet in these countries there is still a remnant according to grace.As I  read the OT I see that in spite of apostasy,in spite of the temple,
and Jerusalem being destroyed there remained a remnant,and so it will
always be.The church of Christ cannot be destroyed,as our Saviour said,/
/I will build my church.and the gates of Hell will not overcome it[ Matthew 16 v18]
                                          A prayer.
Dear God in the name of Your dear Son Jesus,build Your church ,Amen.

No comments: