verse of the day

Sunday 10 May 2015

A levels in prayer. [ Psalm 42 ]

 I was listening to a CD in my car and I heard these words ,
                       At the end of  day I stop and pray,
                        Thank you Lord for my work and play,
                       I've tried to be good for I know that I should,
                       That's my prayer at the end of the day.

 Such simple words,you even may think they are childish,possible they are,
I  like  them, if you have children maybe you could teach them that prayer.
  None of us have  A levels in prayer,we are all limited in one way or another,that does not mean ,that our prayers will not be acceptable to God,
of course not.My confidence is not in the so called quality of my prayers,
but in God who reminds us that so often we do not know how to pray.[ Romans 8 v26]  ,but in mercy assists us by His Spirit.May be that little prayer in its simplicity can be a help to all of us.
                                     A  prayer.
Dear Heavenly Father we confess our inadequacies when it comes to praying,we listen to others who seem to have it all together as regards
praying,and wish we could rich that level.Them we hear You telling us it is not reaching a level, but rather it is reaching Your heart that matters,help us to never loose sight of that truth,in Jesus Name Amen.

No comments: