verse of the day

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Will you be ready? [ Matthew 24 v 36-44]

In Northern Ireland we have the Giants causeway,a rock formation caused by a volcanic eruption.I have visited it a few times ,it is situated on the beautiful Antrim coast line.Within that rock formation there is a part that is known as a wishing seat,where you sit down and make a wish. I can just imagine the many who sat and made wishes,I wish for,what would you wish for?,the list is endless.Recently I heard a Christian song,which goes, /I wish they'd all be ready./ ,this is a song about the coming again of the Lord Jesus Christ.I pray for many people, and my fervent prayer is that they will
 be ready ,when Christ returns again, we know not when,[Matthew 24 v36 ],the question is this,will you be ready?.The story is not finished yet,He is coming back again, let me ask the question, will you be ready? It will be glory for all who are his, the dead in Christ will be resurrected,and those who are living will be caught up into  Glory[ 1 Thessalonians 4 v13ff].But for those who are left ,they will have to face the music, judgement,which will be eternal,I try not to imagine what that will be like ,but the Bible makes it clear that is no laughing matter.[1 Thessalonians 1 v10 ]
                                     A  prayer.
Dear Lord have mercy help us all to be ready in the light of Your coming. Amen

No comments: