verse of the day

Wednesday 28 January 2015

I like him. [John 15v12]

I was speaking to a friend as regards someone and I said him,and she replied I like him but I do not love him.We were both referring to a fellow Christian,consider what that person said,it is challenging,because it runs
contrary to being a Christian. Before our Saviour died he gave us a command, let us consider it,/This is my commandment that ye love one another,as I have loved you[John 15v12]/Now of course there were things that Jesus did not like about his disciples,He loved Judas,but He most defiantly like the fact that he was thief,and that he would betray Him.He loved Peter but He did not like the fact that that he would Deny Him.I am a Christian not because God likes everything I do,but He loves me,as a Father.Likewise we love our children,but there are things we don't like about them.
  It is the beloved disciple who touches on the importance of loving our fellow Christians,it is recorded that as an old man he was carried into the church,he would say,children love one another.In his epistle he wrote very challenging words,he that saith he is in the light,and hateth his brother,is in darkness[1 John 2v9].Beloved,let us love one another,for love is of God.......
He that loveth not, knoweth not God,for God is love[1 John 4v7-8]. If a man say,I love God,and hateth his brother,he is a liar.[1 John 4 v20].
                                    A  prayer.
Dear God forgive us, who have have experienced Your love in Jesus,for not
loving others as I should,in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: