verse of the day

Friday 2 January 2015

A simple prayer,but. [ Matthew 26 v 30-34]

I was speaking to the children at the church I attend,and telling them that God can become their loving heavenly Father if they trust in Jesus. So I told them a simple prayer they could pray ,and it goes like this,/Come into my
heart Lord Jesus,come in today,come in to stay,come into my heart Lord Jesus/. Now in saying that I stressed that they should really, really mean it,I did not of course put any pressure on them,and left it at that.Now the two things I stressed to the children,simplicity and sincerity,are very important ,
not only for children,but for adults also.I have listened to Billy Graham preaching,and there was a simplicity about it,it is important in speaking to
children or adults  as simply as possible. We must also emphasise the importance of a sincere response to the message,we are dealing with serious matters, when we are preaching,our Saviour continually stressed that if  one
desired to follow Him,we must not take it lightly.We do not want to put anyone of in following Jesus,but we must stress the seriousness of doing this. So today if you want Jesus,whoever you are,then you can pray that simple prayer,but you must be very very serious about it.
                                         A  prayer.
Dear God You who would have all men to be saved,grant that those children who heard my message,and those who read what I have written,
may sincerely trust Jesus Amen /

No comments: