verse of the day

Sunday 25 January 2015

Real or imagined. [Psalm 23 ]

Years ago we used to have a pressure cooker,and I believe that in some countries, they are still very popular,some people are afraid of using one
because they think it may explode.I have not heard of one exploding,they have a safety value that prevents this.I also know some people who would not use a micro wave oven,for fear that something may happen to them.
    We all have fears some are genuine others irrational,working among the
mentally ill ,I am in contact with some people who are so filled with fear,that they will not leave their homes,they are prisoners of fear.
      What can we do with our fears?well  what do I do?,I acknowledge my fear,whatever it is,oh yes ,although I am a Christian a long time there are times when fear takes over,and I loose Gods peace.
      Fear makes one panic,causes one to loose sleep,generally, is not helpful,
we could  call it blind panic.Now behold I show you a better way,faith,faith in what,in the one who is called the good shepherd, Jesus. He is the one who saves,when we put our faith in him,but He also said my peace I gave unto you [John 14v27]
     Consider the following words,I will fear no evil for you are with me[Psalm 23 v4],consider the words no evil,that takes in everything imaginable,the writer says no matter what evil he was facing he will not fear it,this is not  bravado ,no it is a man who has placed his faith in  Jesus the good shepherd[Psalm23v1]
                                        A prayer.
Dear Lord we confess that it does no take much to make us afraid,real or imagined,so today,grant us Your peace as we place our faith in you,Amen .

No comments: