verse of the day

Saturday 24 January 2015

Gods word. [ 2 Timothy 3 v15-16 ]

When the reformation started many began to cause civil unrest,which had to be put down,M .Luther was in favour of putting it down.Like Christ he realised that Gods kingdom would not come in by the sword.
      This is what he said, / I could have brought blood upon Germany,but I didn't,I simply preached and wrote Gods word, otherwise I did not,and the word did everything.
        When I slept and drank Wittenberg beer with my friends, the word so greatly weakened the Papacy, that no emperor or prince ever afflicted such looses upon it/
      The fact is the kingdom of God cannot be established by the sword,but by the sword of Gods word.[ Hebrews 4 v12]
      Sometimes when I preach Gods word I am disappointed that I do not see
people saved,and I have to remind myself God is sovereign,and His word will accomplish the purpose for which He sent it.It is a living word not a dead word,it is a powerful word, not a powerless word,because it is Gods word.
      I have just read of a so called Christian who is denying that Gods word is infallible,the first thing that Satan did was to place doubt on Gods word
CP Genesis 3 V1,and the sad thing is Eve and Adam committed rebellion,
and brought untold sorrow on mankind.
       Beware of any so called Christian who casts doubt on Gods word
,believe Gods word,for salvation,and for living the Christian life.
                                      A prayer.
Dear God we thank You for Your infallible word ,help us to realise the power of Your word,and the peace in believing Your word,in Jesus name
Amen.

No comments: