verse of the day

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Onward ever onward. [ 2 Timothy 1 v7 ]

It some times surprises me as I look back on how many sermons I  have preached, and how many thoughts for the day I have written,when I was a full time minister I sometimes had to preach three times on a Sunday,how did I do it?. The first thing I would say , I believed God had called me ,and it appears that if He  calls He equips, and enables,this applies to any calling. The next important thing to remember is we have one who will help us in our calling,the Holy Spirit,whom our Lord said would help us[Matthew 10v20-21].I was speaking recently and I pointed out that Elijah the prophet was a man ,of like passions as you and I, in other words he had his faults and failings,but God used him.Recently I read about Francis Schaeffer  author and Christian apologist,that he was dyslexic,but God called him and used him.I personally never did very well at school,I am conscious of this,but it has not stopped me, and as I get up to preach, I have to remember I am not ministering from a perfect educational background. That does not mean I don't try to improve,I did attend Bible  college,and I diligently prepare for every sermon I preach, over time I have bought commentaries,and have a reasonable library.And so I am surprised ,yet confident in my God to continue, help me and use me,so onward ever onward.
A  prayer...../Dear God we thank You for all we have been able to do,inspite of our many limatations,in Jesus Name Amen /

No comments: