verse of the day

Saturday 17 August 2013

Are you brave.? [ Psalm 139v23-24 ]

Bravery comes in many forms ,and often from the most unexpected people,there is bravery on the battle field,there is bravery of a bereaved soul. Of a person who faces one problem after another,who sacrifice their ambitions, for the sake of others, who face insurmountable odds. I wonder are you brave enough to pray this prayer?, /Search me O God, know my heart,try me,and know my thoughts.And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting[Psalm 139 v23-24]/I wonder are you and I willing to pray those words?.And if not ,why not?,could it be that we don't want God to challenge us,we are afraid what may be shown up,in our hearts ,yes our hearts,God starts at the most important place ,the heart. Then he prays, and know my thoughts,how is our thought life?,what has our minds being dwelling on today?.And see if there be any wicked way in me,well is there?.Again let me ask the question ,to myself and to you, are we brave enough to pray this prayer?.
Spurgeon comments,/This is a beautiful and impressive prayer for the commencement of every day./
                        A  prayer..../Search me O God. my actions try,and let my life appear,
                                             As seen by thine all- searching eye,To make my ways make clear.
                                             Search all my thoughts,the secret things,The motives that control.
                                             The rebel heart where evil things,hold empire o'er the soul.  Amen/
                                               [Words by Francis Bottome  ]                     

No comments: