verse of the day

Sunday 9 June 2013

The blood of Christ. [1 John 1 v 7 ]

I remember many years ago, giving one pint of my blood,it took place on 24-1-66 at my place of employment,It was the first and last time that I would give blood. It  was not a painful experience but I remember giving it,,and I felt that it was the right thing to do.I wonder did my blood help somebody?.Although it may not appear meaningful to modern man ,the Bible stresses the importance of blood being shed as a sacrifice, we are told without the shedding of blood ,there is no forgiveness [Hebrews 9 v22]That was the purpose of Christs death on the cross,it was a sacrifice for sin,and if our sins are to be forgiven,we must trust in Jesus,or our sins will never be forgiven.I remember hearing a how I think it was Charles Wesley who was robbed,and he spoke the words of 1 John 1 v7,to the thief,which goes,/the blood of Jesus Christ,Gods son cleanses us from all sin/.Later Charles discovered that the thief had trusted Christ,the word spoken by Charles had convicted him. The verse from 1st John reminds us of the importance of the sacrifice of Christ, for salvation,by the shedding of His blood, all our sins can be completely,totally forgiven, when we trust Him.
A  prayer...../Dear Lord  thank You for shedding Your precious blood on Calvary,in order that my sins could all be forgiven Amen/

No comments: