verse of the day

Friday 14 June 2013

Sinful pleasures. [Hebrews 11 v 23-27]

I had a health check up recently,I was asked to stand on the scales to be weighed,and as I did I thought of the things in my pocket ,that may distort  my true weight so I took out  my mobile phone and stood on the scales,with the phone still in my hand.The nurse laughed and I felt a little bit foolish,but it showed me how conscious I am about my weight.So many of us are conscious as regards our weight,but don't do anything about it,we all comfort eat,indulging in eating a big cream cake from which we receive a lot of pleasure,and there is nothing so satisfying as a nice meal.  The result is we all are fighting the battle of the bulge,trying to cut down on something we love, it is hard,so hard that many of us don't try,the result is we suffer in so many ways.Food becomes our pleasure island,but often at a cost,the bible tells us of the pleasures of sin [Hebrews 11v25],yes sin can give us pleasure ,that is why so many people are involved in wrong sexual activity,that is why there is a  sex trade,but as with overeating there is a price to pay,in damage to ourselves, and to others, and it does not stop there.For there is coming a day when we will stand before a holy God,and we will give an account for those sinful pleasures.
A prayer...../ Dear God  help us to see the damage  our sinful pleasures cost us , and others,help us to forsake our sins,to turn to Christ for forgiveness, before it is to late,in our Saviours name I ask this Amen/

No comments: