verse of the day

Sunday 2 June 2013

He can be relied upon. [ Joshua 1 v 5ff]

In 2 Chronicles13 v18. we read,/Thus the children of Israel were brought under at that time,and the children of Judah prevailed, because they  relied upon the Lord  God of their fathers/.I like to think that I can be relied upon,but I may through circumstances,let others down. I wonder have you ever been let down,by your father or mother?. A friend of mine was cheated out of a partnership, by a friend,thankfully that did not destroy him.Jesus was let down by His disciples, Paul was also let down by His fellow labourer Demas[2 Timothy 4 v10] I have a reliable car,but so often in the past,those old cars that I had, let me down,you usually cannot rely on an old car. In Joshua 1 v 5 ,our Lord speaks to Joshua,with words of encouragement,/As I was with Moses, so I will be with thee,can we rely on God,to treat us as He treated Paul,or David, or  the disciples?,the answer is yes.. Next.../So I will be with you/,surely He will not always be there,no one is always there,not so ,He has given us His word,and He will always keeps His word.So many people have left wives,husbands,children.,they have forgotten their vows,but God will never forget His promise that He will always be with us[ Hebrews 13 v5 ] Nor forsake thee.../God will be with us in trouble,the prodigal[Luke 15] found himself with no friends when trouble came,our Saviour is not a good weather friend,He was with the disciples in the storm [Mark 4 v35 ff]
A  prayer ....../ Dear God we praise You that You are reliable, You will never fail us,we can rest in he fact that You always be with us,in the good times and in the bad times,You are,our forever Friend.,for which we praise  and thank You in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: