verse of the day

Saturday 22 June 2013

Suffering. [1 Peter 3 v18 ]

I have just started to read that wonderful and challenging book of Job ,and as thought about it ,I found myself pray,Lord I don't like suffering,I  don't want to suffer. Of course I am just echoing what most of us feel,who wants to suffer?, no one, Christ did not want to suffer, but because of Love He was prepared to suffer. None of us want to suffer ,very few of us go the dentist chair,or to the operating theatre with a smile on our faces. To be told you have a serious illness does not make us happy,seeing our children go without food,or medicine,no suffering is no joke. Yet if Christ had not suffered we would have been lost eternally,His suffering saved us from suffering,He suffered for our sin, that we would not suffer for our sin .Think of what that means for us today,sins forgiven, the power of Satan and sin broken in our lives, He was the only one who could save us from the terrible eternal suffering we would have had to endure.From heaven He came with a mission in mind,to tread a pathway of suffering,that  reached a climax on a cross.Isaiah puts it like this,  /He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities,the chastisement of our peace was laid upon Him.[Isaiah 53 v5] ,no one would want such suffering,but as I said earlier ,love won the day, a love for you and a love for me .
A prayer...../Thank You Father that Your dear son Jesus suffered a dreadful yet glorious death for our salvation.Amen /
[I   will return to my blog on Sunday June 30th,  every blessing, Bill]

No comments: