verse of the day

Saturday 8 June 2013

Providence [ Genesis 24 v 27]

While leaving my place of employment to go home I had to make two diversions,we don't like diversions,but they are usually necessary. Life itself is full of diversions ,we may not like it ,but then if we know Christ we are assured that God is leading us.I believe in the providence of God,I believe as one  writer puts it,/that everything in the world and in our own lives down to the minutest detail is ordered by the providence of God/.I commend to your reading,/The mystery of providence/ ,by John Flavel.If we can grasp by faith this wonderful truth then we begin to look at life in a different way.The diversions are Gods diversions,the joys and pains,deliverance's are in Gods hand.Flavel wrote,/by His hands are meant His providential administration and dispensation/ Why did I not get that job? why did I get that job?come under the providence of God.As we look  at life and seeing God in all things,we can know a peace,have we not all wondered why, why we made certain decisions,we prayed about it, but it did not turn out right.Why did I buy that particular car,which was nothing but trouble?,but I did,why did I not go to a Bible college which would have provided a better qualification?which would have opened doors for me.We are inclined to accept the providence of God as long as good things happen,but if all things work together for good for the child of God,[Romans 8v28],that includes the bad ,the good ,the ugly,then all will be well.
A prayer.../ Dear God we thank You for Your providential leading,the way You have led us may have been at times painful ,but necessary for are spiritual development.In your providence You open doors that no one can shut ,and shut doors no one can open,but in all things Your way is perfect,we pray this in Jesus name Amen

No comments: