verse of the day

Sunday 16 June 2013

A Heavenly Father.[1 John 3 v1 ]

This is fathers day ,I was in a store yesterday and the assistant commented how busy they were ,because of people buying gifts for their fathers. The commandments stress the importance of honouring our fathers and mothers[Ex20v12],with it comes a promise. In the normal course of life most people will be honouring their fathers today,but what about those dear children who have been abused by their fathers,forsaken by their fathers,denied contact with their fathers?.Just recently a portrait of our Queen was defaced by a father who is fighting for other fathers to have excess to their children.We live at a time when the family is under threat, when Children don't really know who their father is,we must be careful not to judge.I am 69 years of age ,and when I was young my mother and father separated,but at a very early age I discovered that I had a loving heavenly Father,and this knowledge filled the gap in my life ,of not having a father around. You may have lost your father ,you may have been forsaken by your father,you may not even know who your father is,or where he is. Don't dwell on that ,for it can do you more harm than good,today we can have a Father a lovingly heavenly Father,this comes about when we accept Jesus as our Saviour.[ John 1 v12].From experience I can assure you it will make a big difference in your life as it has in mine.
A  prayer..../Heavenly Father have mercy upon the fatherless,we pray that they come to know You through Your dear son Jesus Amen/

No comments: