verse of the day

Monday 3 September 2012

What still awaits us. [ Jeremiah 18 v1 - 6 ]

Last evening in our fellowship ,we had a communion service,and we did something different ,we used liturgy from ,/A wee worship book/,I found it very meaningful and calming.I suppose it helps us appreciate other Christian traditions ,we are members of a  church worldwide made up of different cultures,and traditions. I believe we should accept all who trully know the Lord, that sounds obvious, but for many it is hard to appreciate this,and to put it into practice.Now coming back to our communion service, there was a  prayer that we all prayed, which touched me,it read,/ Take us,renew and remake us. What we have been is past,what we shall be, through You, still awaits us./  What we shall be,through You, still awaits us,yes our Christian development is ongoing.This means we are not set in concrete ,we are the clay in the potters hands,and in his hands He will change us,and always for the better. Marlyn Baker  who ministers through song, has written the following.
             / Jesus You are me changing me, by Your Spirit You,re making me like You.
               Jesus You,re transforming me, that Your loveliness may be seen in all I do.
                You are thr potter and I am the clay,help me to be willing to let You have Your way.
               Jesus , You are changing me, as I let You reign supreme within my heart/.
A  prayer ..../ Dear  Lord ,change us more and more into Your likeness Amen /

No comments: