verse of the day

Sunday 30 September 2012

Stratford -upon -Avon. [ Revelation 3 v8 ]

I have just returned from Stratford-upon -Avon, the birth place of William Shakespeare,although one guide said he may have been born away from there in a country residence, because Stratford was experencing plague. But he did return to Stratford when he was about 3 months,it was all very interesting, I did visit the church where he was buried, a curse is put upon anyone who moves his bones. Well we enjoyed our visit,we visited Warwick castle,and saw the death mask of another great English man Oliver  Cromwell But one of the things I remember most was a man called Henry, there he was giving out the War cry,a salvation army publication. I spoke to him,inquired how the army were getting on in Stratford, he told me his group had closed.He spoke of the great need in Stratford,a place where million pound homes are common,one got the distinct impression that God had withdrawn from that place.Well I  prayed for him and he prayed for me, but we both prayed for Stratford the birth place of the great  William Shakespeare, yes I will always remember my visit to Stratford,but most of all I will remember Henry a faithful brother in the Lord.
A  prayer......./ Dear God have mercy upon Stratford visit it with Thy salvation, and bless Henry and his witness for Your dear son Jesus Amen /

No comments: