verse of the day

Saturday 15 September 2012

It is impossible. [ Romans 4- 5v1 ]

I was driving home when I noticed these words on the back of a bus,/ save yourselves/ I dont know what it was telling those who would read it, but I know what it spoke to me of . It spoke to me of many of the religions in this world,my son Brian said a good question to ask a J W is, who are you trying to save?.I get very suspect of people who are always saying how they are praying and fasting, and giving,and they have a spirit that is judging others. In the end of the day are they trying to save themselves?, ask yourself why are  you religious?,remember works are a proff that we are trully saved,they show that we have true saving faith.But we are not talking about the evidence of salvation, but the means of salvation , which is not what I have done but what Christ has done that saves. You see it is only what Christ has done, His death on the cross, the shedding of His precious blood , that can deal with sin. Islam appears to be a saving yourself, but they are not on their own,many people feel that the good that they do will get them into God good books, but the fact is ,they will not, cannot , save anyone, let me stress this again.good works while being an evidence of salvation cannot save, for the clear teaching of scripture is this,/ God saved  you by His grace when you believed, and you cannot take credit for this, this is a gift of God. Salvation is not a reward, for the good things we have done so none of us can boast about it[Ephesians 2 v8-9]
A  prayer..../ Dear God we thank for saving us through Jesus Your Son,we ask that you will open the eyes of those people to the folly of trying to save themselves in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: