verse of the day

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Doing in us. [ John 15 v1-8 ]

As I look back on my life ,much of my prayer life and concerns have been taken up with what I want God to do for me,now there is nothing wrong with asking God to open doors,heal,provide,guide, save and to grant us wisdom and strength. But as I look back I have been more and more conscious of what God is doing in my life,developing ,preparing,and changing me. I have had to learn different lessons, and sometimes the process has been painful, and yet it has been necessary in order for God to work out His purpose in my life,that of perfecting me. Consider the following words from Romans 5 v 3-4,/we know that suffering produces persesverance,perseverance,character, and character hope/. Now  I dont know a lot about gardening but I have a lovely little rose plant,and it had black spots on the leaves,this I treated, but it had also some dead wood, this I cut off,and now I have a lovely healthy rose bush. We are all to some extent like that little rose bush ,with black spots, and dead wood,if we are going to be the healthy Christians that we should be, then God must deal with those areas in our lives. The black spots must be treated and removed,they are a blight,that which mars or prevents growth, likewise the dead wood must be removed, consider what the black spots and dead wood are in our lives. Consider our Lords  words,/I am the true vine, and My Father is the vine dresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away,, and every branch in that bears fruit He prunes, that it will bear more fruit/[John 15 v 1-2 ]
A  prayer.../ Dear God so often we are solely taken up with what we want You to do for us,help us to begin to understand what You are doing in us, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: