verse of the day

Saturday 8 September 2012

Stop and let me tell you. [Lamentations 3 v 22-23]

Stop and let me tell you what the good Lords done for me/,these are opening words to an old chorous,they have a nice theme to them. In Psalm 126 v3, we read,/  The Lord hath done great things for us, whereof we are glad/,The Bible tells us that every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,from the Father of lights; with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning [James 1 v 17].We do not appreciate enough the fact, that we alive in a fallen world,that means  so much is contrary to the original creation,also there is an evil presence abroad,who to some extent and often to a great extent influences and controls unregenerated humanity,the devil and his henchmen.Let us acknowledge that inspite of  this , God is ever seeking to bless mankind,He desires the death of no one,[ Ezekiel 33 v11]In Matthew 5 45 we read He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.I know there are things that we cannot answer, but I do believe that God is good ,for He has a heart of love, for this whole world[ John 3v16 ].As Jeremiah surveyed the devastation all around him,devastation brought about by sin,He declares rightly,/It is of the Lords mercies, that we are not consumed, because His compassions  fail not. They are new every morning great is Thy faithfulness /[Lamentations3 v 22- 23 ] What has the Lord done for me?,He has saved me, that means I am not going to hell, but it also means I am going to heaven,He has given me hope,He has given me love,He has preserved me, protected me,provided for me.
A prayer ..../ Dear God we praise and thank You ,for all You have done for us,Your mercies are truly new every morning, great has been Your faithfulness, thank You  in Jesus worthy name Amen /

No comments: