verse of the day

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Pray without ceasing. [1 Theealonians 5 v17]

I pray about many things and people,people who need to be saved ,personal problems and it appears that nothing is happening,but I just keep praying,because prayer matters. It matters to all of us to keep praying ,it does us good to pray,we need to pray,we need a continual humble dependance upon our God.I mention about nothing happening when we pray ,that is we do not see anything happening,but God is taking note of our prayers.Will He answer?is it pointless fruitless exercise by us to keep on praying,no it is not,for it is a ministry of faith,that Gods will , be done,and His will involves so much we do not see,so lets us not fall into an attitude of blind unbelief,as William Cowper puts it. All  we are called to do is to pray without ceasing [1 Thessalonians 5 v17 ],pray as if everything depends on it, and it does so often.Last weekend my wife and I were faced with a decision, and I challenged my wife to pray about it,she sort of leaves it to me to pray ,but I said if she didnt pray about it then we will just forget about it. To me prayer is not optional,it is absolutely vital,it is saying to God, I dare not take one step without  Thine aid,it is a depending on God a trusting in God,a hoping in God,who knows the best answer,which we dont.So today and every day pray, pray ,and pray,yes pray without ceasing.
A  prayer ..../Dear God grant us the spirit of perseverance in prayer in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: