verse of the day

Saturday 22 September 2012

Gods love is the greatest thing.[ Jeremiah 31v3 ]

Im in love again, so read the words in a magazine,I am reminded of a song which says,/when I fall in love it must be forever ,and /so many moonlight kisses seem to cool in the with warmth of the sun/. Love is trully a many splendour thing, but us humans,appear to fall out of love so easily. Consider David,,,, why did he have so many wives?, likewise Solomon,the word of God does not comment on the right or wrongs of what they did.In Solomons case it caused him to forsake God ,yes this very wise man acted very foolishly. So many songs are written about love,and the Song of Solomon, is a book about love,love is very important .  Of course there are different types of love we love our parents,our children,our jobs,our girlfriends/boyfriends,our friends,our neighbours,so many things we love.The thing is we can love all those things and not love God,might even find it strange when we talk of God and love. Yet this is what is so vital if we are to have a relationship with God,and continue on that relationship ,if there is no love there will be no relationship. I was driving in my car recently and I spoke to God , I said I love You Lord,and even as I said that I had an uneasy conscience,of my imperfect love,in contrast to Gods perfect love my love is imperfect and indeed as long as I live,it will be imperfect,but the wonder of wonders is that a perfect God,loves me inspite of my shortcomings,and He always will, for He declares ,I have loved thee with an everlasting love [Jeremiah 31v3 ].
A  prayer..../Dear God we are lost in wonder of Your love for us, that even while we yet sinners Christ in love died for us,and that You will always love us,inperfect though we are,thank You in Jesus name Amen /
/I will return to my blogg Sunday 30th SEPT,  every blessing /

No comments: