verse of the day

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Our true friend. [1 Peter 1 v 6-7 ]

Difficulty is our true friend [  E  Burke ] We may have heard someone say I am not the person I once was,as a Chrstian of many years, I would like to think ,that I am not the man I once was. I am still the Billy of old and yet I believe that there is a diffent change in me ,oh yes I know there still is a need for a great deal more change.Often difficulties show us where change is needed,when someone hurts us then we find out if we have changed enough to forgive.If  I am faced with a challenge by God have I faith to meet that challenge?,can I accept criticisim, and not feel threatened?. Because Change is the name of the game although it is not a game,the Christian life is an ongoing process of transformation.One of my favourite vegatables is parsnips,now my son told me that in order for them to develop they need frost, one could imagine the parsnip saying ,as it shivered in the cold, I dont need this, but it does, just like the rose bush needs pruned,just like we need our true friend difficulty.
A  prayer...../Dear God grant us the grace we need to triumph over those difficulties we have to face, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: