verse of the day

Monday 8 August 2011

There is victory in Jesus.[1 Corinthians 15 v 57 ]

I identify with what the apostle wrote in Romans 7, its an interesting chapter, many debate over the meaning of it, one thing for sure,as W Barclay puts it, he felt himself pulled in two directions, he knew himself to be a walking civil war. Barclay quotes the Roman poet ,Ovid,/I see the better things, and I approve them, but I follow the worse/.This drives Paul to despair, and so you have him crying out v24 /O wretched man that I am, who shall deliver me from this body of death./ I wonder if you feel like Paul , Are you driven in two directions ? are you filled with despair? so what can one do?, well Paul gives us the answer, v25 /I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord/.Again it is W Barclay who writes,/ The inadequacy of human knowledge, of human resolution, and the limatations of diagnosis/. He finishes by stating,/ Jesus is the one person, who not only knows what is wrong, but who can also put the wrong to rights/.[ Dear Father in heaven, grant us victory through Thy dear son Jesus . Amen ]

No comments: