verse of the day

Monday 15 August 2011

Past,present,future. [Hebrew 13 v8 ]

The theme of this blog ,is the three tenses, past,present, and future, and I want to apply Hebrews 13v8, to these three tenses. When Christ came into my life ,my life changed, everything changed, I with gratitude remember how He helped me, in so many , many ways. One occassion comes to mind, many years ago ,got a puncture, no wheel brace,we where in the country, it was night,and my wife and four children were in the car, and from nowhere a man drove up and loaned me a wheel brace, problem solved, that is the past. What about the present tense?well as I sit here , I consider how blest I am, I am 67, yet God in His mercy, has helped me to continue working in a job I love,I have a nice home, I lack for nothing. Now what about that future tense?, now of course I dont know what the future holds, but then I recall to mind Hebrews 13v8, which reads,/ Jesus Christ the same yesterday,[ past tense] and to day, [ present tense ]and forever[ future tense ] .Yes of course I dont know the future ,but I am confident,that Jesus who helped me in the past, has blessed me in the present , will look after me in the future, whatever that future holds,and whatever applies to me, applies to every child of God.[ Dear Saviour in a world of change, we thank You, that we can rest secure on the truth, that You do not change, Amen ]

No comments: