verse of the day

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Dont be trapped in the past. [ Hebrews 11 v 13 - 16 ]

I am sitting up late trying to get used to my small laptop,and my mind goes back to my chidlhood ,sitting at a desk using a pen with a nib on it.dipping the nib in the ink pot,and then trying to write and not make any blots,which of course was so easy to do. One was given blotting paper, to soak up surplus ink, you could use a hard rubber to try an erase mistakes, usually one would wear a whole in the paper, and then you would present it to the teacher. I dread to think what my work was like. How far we have moved on from those days,days when we wore short trousers, and all had skinny legs, mine are still skinny, so where is this all leading to?. Looking back is not so bad,as long as we dont live in the past, which many people do , and are trapped there, the apostle Paul wrote, / Forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus [Philippians 3 v 13-14 ] [Dear Lord Jesus help us not to live in the pass , help us focus always on our glorious future with You. Amen ]

No comments: